Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Sell Gift Cards?
- We offer physical gift cards in any denomination.
- Gift cards can be used to purchase any product in the shop or for Knit Clinic or Private Lessons.
- Gift cards can only be used in the store at this time.
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be replaced.
What is your merchandise return policy?
We understand that occasionally you might need to return a product you purchased.
- Unused, unwound full-priced yarn in its original resalable condition may be exchanged for store credit only within 60 days of purchase.
- Products with manufacturing defects will be replaced with the same or comparable product, where possible.
- All sales are final on books, patterns, needles, and other gifts, tools, and accessories.
- All sales are final on discounted, sale, and special event items.
- Shipping costs are only reimbursed when an item with a manufacturing defect is being returned for an even exchange.
- Knit Clinic or Private Lesson fees are non-refundable.
- Registration fees for classes taught by guest instructors are non-refundable.
How do you protect my privacy?
- We may ask for your personal information, such as your name, phone number, or email address.
- We appreciate that you trust us with this information and assure you that we will only use your personal information to contact you regarding shop business.
What is your policy regarding knitting help?
We offer help based on the “5 minute” rule.
- If your project requires less that 5 minutes to repair we will gladly do it at no charge.
- If your project requires more than 5 minutes to repair or diagnose, there will be a $10 charge. Projects with complicated repairs will need to be left in the store, we cannot guarantee “on the spot” fixing. There may be additional fees for fixes that take more than one hour to complete.
- If you need help with a project that will involve learning a new skill, we ask that you schedule a Private Lesson or make an appointment with our Knit Clinic.
What is your policy on Ball Winding?
- We are happy to wind hanks of yarn purchased in our store if time allows at no extra charge.
- We may limit winding to two skeins or request you leave the yarn to be wound at a later time if the shop is busy.
- Wound yarn cannot be exchanged or returned.
What is your policy about food, drinks, or pets in the shop?
- We encourage you to enjoy your food and drink prior to entering the shop, however drinks with lids are welcome.
- For the safety of your pet and the comfort of our other customers, only certified Service Dogs are allowed in the shop.
- We focus on creating a welcoming, relaxing space for all our customers. To maintain this environment, we reserve the right to refuse service.
- We offer a Knit Clinic three times a week for general knitting lessons & help; these group sessions are by appointment only. Wednesday 10-12, Friday 2-4, and Saturday 10-12. $15 per session - 8 person maximum. Bring the project you want to work on and we will get you back on track. *You do not have to have purchased your project with us to attend the Knit Clinic.*
- Private lessons can be arranged for $25.00 per hour with a one hour minimum.
- Group classes and workshops for specific skills are scheduled monthly. Please check our website, register for our monthly email newsletter or pick up a flyer at the store for more information.
What are your class and workshop registration policies?
- You may reserve a spot in any class or workshop by submitting your payment in full (by phone or in the store).
- Registration is handled on a first come, first served basis.
- Our current class and workshop offerings are geared toward adults (18 and over), however we periodically offer classes for our younger knitters (ages 8-17). We also are happy to schedule parent/child sessions for $40/hour.
- If you don’t see a class that fits your needs, we are also happy to schedule Private Lessons to help you with a specific project or to help you learn a new technique. Please call us at 774-202-7422 to schedule a convenient time.
- Cancellation prior to 3 days before the class or workshop will receive store credit. Cancellations within 3 days of the class or workshop are non-refundable.
- Knotty Knit reserves the right to cancel a class or workshop, and your fee will be refunded to your original payment method.
- Fees for special guest classes or workshops may be non-refundable. It will be noted in the description.
What are your class/workshop attendance policies? What should I do if I'm running late or need to cancel?
Class and workshop Attendance
- Classes and workshops will begin on time, and we encourage you to arrive a few minutes early to get settled.
- Please come prepared with your recommended supplies.
- If you are running late, please call the shop or send an email to alert us to your situation.
Class and workshop Cancellations
- If you cancel prior to 3 days before the class or workshop, you will receive store credit.
- If you cancel within 3 days of the class or workshop, your fees are non-refundable.
- Knotty Knit reserves the right to cancel a class or workshop due to low registration or instructor emergency. Your fees will be refunded in your original payment method or store credit.
- Fees for special guest classes or workshops may be non-refundable. It will be noted in the class description.
May I use yarn from my stash when I'm attending a class?
Class and workshop Supplies:
- You'll find a list of supplies and preparation needed in each class description.
- We respectfully request that you purchase your yarn for classes at this shop
- You will receive a one-time discount on your yarn purchase, where noted.
- If you have stash yarn from the shop that applies to the class, you may use that.
- In certain instances, you may use non-shop yarn from your stash, if noted in the class description or in the prep email sent a few days prior to your class.